War Horses for Veterans, Inc. is a unique program that has had great success in helping veterans and active military personnel transition from combat to civilian life through the use of horse related activities. Founded in part by a former soldier, we have firsthand insight into what is required in order to make this transition. Please review our program qualifications below. If you meet our qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply to our program.
We are no longer accepting applications for 2020. Please come back AFTER January, 2021 to apply. If you have any questions about a pending application please contact our team here: email@example.com.
2020 has been an exciting year with our new indoor facility including brand new programs for our first responders, health and fitness, and culinary classes.
Thank you, WAR HORSES FOR VETERANS
ALL EXPENSES PAID FOR PARTICIPATING COMBAT VETERANS
- No horse or ranch skills are necessary to participate
- Must be honorably discharged combat veteran or Active Military
- Must submit a DD214 with application
- Must be ambulatory
- You must contact us. Someone cannot apply on your behalf.
- Upon receipt of a complete application packet, it will be reviewed, and we will contact you.
- Incomplete application will be returned to you and you must reapply.
- Transportation to and from hotel, airport, and WHV facility provided.
- All meals provided.
- Arrival Day: Meet and greet with other participants and the horses.
- Day Two: A full day equine activities and networking opportunities.
- Day Three: After Action Review. Networking and job placement guidance (if desired).
- After completion of the program: Six week follow-up to evaluate the response of the program. Ongoing networking to assist with career opportunities. Continuous networking among program participants.
- Save the application to your computer.
- Fill it out on your computer. Using your mouse and keyboard to navigate.
- Complete Application Packet, save it and scan/photocopy DD14.
- Email Scanned/photocopy filled out packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign them on our online secure app. Follow the prompts.
- Press Submit to send filled out packet.
- If you have any trouble doing this on your computer (some computers and tablets may not be compatible) print completed application or fill it out by hand and mail it to the address below:
War Horses for Veterans, Inc.
P.O. Box 363
Stilwell, KS 66085